Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Reflection and progression!

 WELL THEN

So my original idea has basically been done before by Fitocracy.



Screw these guys... (give me an invite!)

Luckily they have done a few things differently which I am planning on commenting on.

Firstly they're an invite only system so I sadly can't even test it myself, but this is also a good thing it means there is an apparant difference to my plan off the bat!

Secondly their focal point in making fitness feel like a video game or MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game), anyone who's heard of Warcraft knows this is an addictive feature. Which is why I plan to include a points system for that factor but not to make it the focal point possibly even optional.

Lastly I plan to keep my project on a smaller scale and decided (sport) student exclusivity might give the product a better potential market rather than aiming global like Fitocracy.




Artificial Intelligence


The future yo!




After my first session in this subject today I came up with a solution to an issue that the actual university seems to have, which is being incapable of allocating students to a good timetable, with two running sessions a week for a module, one has 40 people in and the other has 10. This isn't down to the students choosing this is actually how they have been allocated...




I came up with the solution, which is probably pretty obvious at this point. I want a system which reallocates student timetables to create more fitting numbers per session.




I'll go into more details on specifics, possabilities and scope next time when i actually have some.


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment